At DonorsChoose.org, our interns do more than getting coffee and making copies. Interns are essential in helping the Donor Appreciation Team execute what we like to call our “special sauce” – handwritten student thank-you notes. Interns will work alongside our volunteers to review student thank-yous to protect student privacy, check them into our computer system, and mail the thank-yous to eager donors – all within 24 hours.
Interns will also get the opportunity to work on a variety of projects with the entire Donor Appreciation Team and support both team and org-wide goals. Your work is valuable and we want to see you grow and succeed.
This might be the role for you if…
- You’re a self starter and someone who takes initiative. You’re the first person to raise your hand in class. We’re not looking for perfect skills, we’re looking for motivation and determination!
- You’re a public school student in 10th, 11th, or 12th grade.
- You’re available to come in to the office a minimum of twice per week for at least 2 hours per day. The internship runs from January-June.
- You believe in our mission and want to help public school teachers get the materials they need to teach students like you all across the country.
- You’re comfortable communicating both in person and via email and aren’t afraid to ask questions.
- You’re a team player, who always pitches in to help, even if it’s not directly related to your internship.
Click here for more information