The Williamsburg High School for Architecture and Design is a 9-12 college preparatory school committed to developing students as imaginative critical thinkers. Our curricula builds a foundation of visual knowledge, skills and literacy for creative problem solving, as students are exposed to design and architecture in stand-alone courses as well as having these studies infused into their core academic courses. The environment at Williamsburg High School for Architecture and Design promotes academic achievement through the integration of a student’s career interests and aptitude while establishing connections between classroom learning and the world in which we live.
The Williamsburg High School for Architecture and Design (WHSAD for short) offers students a unique and engaging four-year course sequence with a focus in architectural drafting, design principles, and historic preservation. Our inter-disciplinary and hands-on approach to architecture, design, and the visual arts integrates internship experiences and skills training throughout core academic content areas. WHSAD students can earn a Career & Technical Education (CTE) endorsed diploma in Architectural Drafting & Design, and up to 6 college credits upon graduation from our program.
All of our students are given the opportunity to participate in paid internships with industry partners.
Who We Are
- We are a small public high school with approximately 500 students located in Williamsburg, Brooklyn
What We Do
- Our mission is to provide our children with
- A quality education in the architecture, design, and preservation trades
- Valuable, marketable and unique skill sets that bolster their employability in multiple industries (such as conservation, engineering, and city planning) and their admission to institutions of higher learning.
Why We’re Better
- We offer a unique architecture and engineering experience unlike the typical public high school education.
- We work hard in order to understand each of our students’ learning styles and academic goals.
- We hire faculty and staff who are dedicated to the success of every one of our students.
257 North 6th Street
(main entrance on Roebling St. btwn N. 6th & 7th St.)
Brooklyn, NY 11211
Getting to WHSAD
Use the door located on the east side of Roebling Street, between North 6th and 7th Streets:
Directions by Subway
- Take the L train to the Bedford or Metropolitan-Lorimer stop or Take the G Train to the Metropolitian-Lorimer stop.
- From the Metropolitan-Lorimer stop: walk towards, then under, the BQE. Cross Meeker and continue up North 6th. Take a right when you reach Roebling for the main entrance to the school.
- From the Bedford stop: Walk east on North 7th from Bedford Avenue past Driggs to Roebling. Cross the street and take a right to the school’s main entrance.