Students entering 11th and 12th grade this fall are eligible for the College Now: Introduction to Engineering and Computer Technologies Summer Course. See your guidance counselor for an application.
This course, will introduce them to four engineering disciplines through an exploration of basic concepts in Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Design Technology; Computer Systems Technology; Electrical Engineering Technology; and Electromechanical and Computer Engineering Technology. Every Thursday trips are scheduled to expose students to career information at local industries and government labs, including Linda Tools, the Electronic Maintenance Division of MTA, and the NY Hall of Science. Students in the New York City College of Technology’s Summer Program in Careers in Engineering and Computer Technologies will earn college credit in the course “Introduction to Engineering and Computer Technologies”.
Monday thru Thursday
9:30 AM to 3:30 PM
- Be a New York City public high school student, entering 11th or 12th grade in September 2017
Eligible students must also satisfy both Reading and Writing (A) & Math (B) requirements belowA. Reading & Writing Requirements (must meet 1, 2 or 3):
- 1) SAT Verbal or Critical Reading score of 480 or higher
- 2) ACT English score of 20 or higher
- 3) N.Y. State English Regents score of 75 or higher
B. Math Requirements (must meet 1, 2 or 3):
- 1) SAT Math score of 530 or higher
- 2) ACT Math score of 21 or higher
- 3) N.Y. State Regents:
- Score of 70 or higher in Algebra I (Common Core) OR
- Score of 70 or higher in Geometry (Common Core) OR
- Score of 65 or higher in Algebra II (Common Core)
Students coming from Citytech partner schools will be given priority, but eligible students from other public schools may attend if space permits.