- CUNY—Apply now for the City University of New York. CUNY at www.cuny.edu. Application fee is $65. Many of you have missed the soft deadline of November 15th for college applications. Please note that the extended and FINAL deadline is December 22nd 2014.
*NOTE Students who applied to CUNY City College MUST complete the supplemental application for the Engineering and/or Architectural majors. Baruch College and Hunter College also require essays. Please see me for further information.
*To find our school when filling out your college applications please type in “Architecture and Des” on the CUNY application. DO NOT ENTER “HARRY VAN ARSDALE”!! WHSAD’s CEEB code is “330711”
- SUNY—Apply at www.suny.edu. $50 each school. Fee waivers are available so see Ms. Erneste to find out if you qualify. Up to 4 SUNY schools only.
*NOTE Please remember to submit all supplemental applications for colleges as soon as possible. (ie; essays, Senior Online Academic Record—when schools require it only)
- Senior Dues are $175 and the deadline to pay is Monday, December 6th 2014. See Ms. Nelson for further details. Student who pay aftet this date will be subject to a $25 late fee ($200 total). Student who pay after January 24th will be subjected to $50 late fee ($225 total)
- Recommendation letters—For those of you who will need letters from guidance, please note that if I don’t have a copy of your college recommendation questions answered, letters will not be written.
- SAT college application fee waivers are also available. To see if the school you are applying to participate, please go to www.collegeboard.com and search under “college application fee waiver”. Up to 4 schools only. Fee waivers available in the guidance office.
- Monroe College Onsite application day is Tuesday, December 2nd 2015. During periods 3 and 4 only. Ms. Ortega, admissions counselor, will be conducting interviews in room 204. Please see attached. Submit applications online by December 1st on www.monroe.edu. For those who prefer to mail out applications, please go to the guidance office for a paper copies.
- Graduation contracts & College Planning
All seniors must see Ms. Erneste to sign their Graduation Contract and begin the college application process. If you missed your scheduled appointment, see Ms. Erneste ASAP to reschedule or walk in during 8th or 9th periods only.
Scholarship information will be posted in the guidance office. Stop in and get informed. The scholarships below range from awards from $5,000 to a full 4 year tuition;
- Ronald McDonald Scholarship deadline is January 12th (75 average) www.rmhc.org
- Albert Shanker UFT deadline Monday January 5th (80 average) http://www.uft.org/scholarship-fund
- Los Padres Scholarship deadline is January 9nd (75 average) www.lospadresfoundation.org
- Gates Millennium Scholarship deadline is January 15th (80 average) http://www.gmsp.org/
FINANCIAL AID (see attachment)
- Now is the time to apply for your U.S. Department of Education Personal Identification Number (PIN) on line (www.pin.ed.gov). This will assist you in processing your FAFSA on line. The website for Financial aid is www.fafsa.gov. and will be available AFTER January 1st. Please select the correct application year which is 2014/2015.
- Please be sure to have your parents’ 2014 Income Tax Return/W2’s or Budget Letter, when preparing to file. For those of you who will need assistance with the application…please schedule appointments with me OR walk in during 7th or 8th periods. To get maximum financial aid, please apply no later than February 15th 2015.
- After your FAFSA application is completed you will then have to apply to TAP (hesc.org). An email should be sent a week or so after, prompting you to complete TAP. Some private colleges may require additional financial information via the CSS profile (www.collegeboard.com). See guidance for assistance.
- Once again remind your parents/guardians to file their taxes ASAP, especially for those of you applying under EOP, HEOP, SEEK, etc.
Fee waivers are still available for students who qualify. Dates and deadlines for registration can be found on line at www.collegeboard.com or, refer to dates on Senior Bulletin #2. Please see me if you are unsure on whether or not you should take SAT Subject exam as some colleges may require this.
Helpful information for Financial Aid
www.collegeboard.com for CSS profile 1-305-829-9793