HAVEN’T APPLIED TO COLLEGE YET?
The “real” and FINAL deadline to apply to CUNY is January 31st! Please see Ms. Erneste ASAP to get assistance in submitting your application. A small amount of fee waivers are still available but, will expire on February 1st 2017. Students who submit their application after this deadline MUST pay $65 for the application.
Many SUNY application deadlines are February 1st. However, several SUNY colleges have rolling admissions (no set deadline) and are reviewing applications as they receive them. You still have time to submit applications. See Ms. Erneste for assistance.
**Note; Students who applied to SUNY 4 year colleges are reminded to complete the supplemental application. Students who applied to CUNY City College are also reminded to complete the supplemental application for the Engineering. Baruch and Hunter also require essays!!
College/FAFSA Application Assistance
Students who need assistance in submitting their CUNY and/or FAFSA applications are encouraged to schedule appointments with guidance during regents week January 24th through January 27th. In addition, students may walk in to guidance during their free period = (1st 8th, or 9th period)
4th period is by appointment only.
Please be sure to have social security number and household income documents such as 2015 Tax forms.
Check list for college
- Did you submit your college application(s) to Ms. Erneste?
- Did you submit your SAT scores to the colleges that requested them?
- Did you request that your midyear grades/transcripts to be sent to the colleges?
- Did you complete all your supplementary forms for SUNY?
- Did you complete your CSS profile (Private Schools only) or EOP documents?
- Did you complete your FAFSA (Financial Aid)?
- Did you return your SAR (Student Aid Report) with the necessary corrections?
- Did you apply for TAP?
- Did you apply for any scholarships?
- Have you given your guidance counselor a copy of your college acceptance letter(s)?
See Bulletin #4 for further details.