“Give me just one generation of youth, and I’ll transform the whole world.” ― Vladimir Ilyich Lenin
Aim: What were the causes of the Russian Revolution?
– Write a 4 paragraph thematic essay on the Armenian Genocide as a Human Rights violation. Transcribe what you wrote in your template to a sheet of looseleaf, or type it and email it to me. DUE February 7th.
– Russian Revolution and Post-W.W. I packet due February 10th.
Additional Credit: go to this think https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6peo16naLok
– Watch the Animal Farm cartoon (or find a copy of the book and read it, even better!)
– read some of the character analysis at this website: http://www.shmoop.com/animal-farm/napoleon-pig.html
– Write a 3 paragraph (6-8 sentences per paragraph) summary of the story
– Describe the plot
– draw comparisons between the Russian Revolution and Animal Farm. What are the similarities?
– Why do you think George Orwell, the author of Animal Farm, wrote this story?
– Do you find the story interesting? Explain your answer.
– This assignment is optional for all classes except the AP class.