Aim: How do we talk about the location of people, places or objects in Spanish?
Do Now: Look at the picture and determine the meaning of the preposition underlined…
1. El cuaderno está detrás de la manzana = The notebook is behind the apple.
2. El libro está encima de la mesa. = The book is on top of the table.
3. Los lapices están delante del portalapiz. = The pencils are in front of the pencil case.
4. La manzana está debajo de la mesa. = The apple is under the table.
5. La regla está entre el libro y la libreta. = The ruler is between the book and the notebook.
6. La mochila está al lado de la mesa. = The book bag is next to the table.
aquí = here
allí = there
en = in
The verb ESTAR means “to be”. We use it to talk about feelings and location.
It is considered an irregular verb.
Yo – estoy = I am
Tú – estás = you are
El – está = he is (it is)
Nosotros – estamos = we are
Ellos – están = they are
Make a sketch of your room (or use the one you did in Architecture if it’s not messed up or sketch your dream room).
Use the prepositions to make 10 sentences about the location of different objects in your room.
Do not repeat prepositions more than twice.