Questions on chapter 3 – The Pearl
- What happened after the doctor heard the news that Kino found the pearl?
- Who was it that sat down beside Kino in his brush house?
- Can you name the brother of Kino?
- Find the meaning of intruder?
- Can you write in your own words how you think Kino felt after he found the pearl?
- What do you think is going to happen now that Kino found the perfect pearl?
- What was the main idea of this chapter?
- Can you distinguish between Kino’s personality before and after he found the pearl?
- What questions would you ask of Kin if he was here now?
- Could this have happened in our time?
- Do you know of another instance where someone found or won something that made them rich?
- Can you group Kino, Juana and Coyotito by characteristics?
- What were some of the motives behind the doctor coming to see Kino?
- Can you distinguish between the doctor’s attitude towards Kino and his familiy before and after he heard about the pearl?
- What events could have happened if Kino did not find the pearl?
- What are some of the problems associated with being rich?
- Why don’t you devise your own way of dealing with money?
- What would have happened if the intruder had found Kino’s pearl?
- If you had access to all the resources, how would you deal with being super rich?
- Why not compose a song about being rich?
- Do you think it was a good or bad idea that Kin buried the pearl?
- How would you have handled it if an intruder came into your home and tried to steal from you?
- How effective was Kino’s hiding place?
- Is there a better solution to Kino’s keeping the pearl safe beside burying it?