What are the benefits of marketing and branding your company when selling a product?
- Examine the impact of popular brand and logos
- Explore the effectiveness of different kinds of logos for the various fields within architecture
What elements go into creating an effective logotype?
Students Will Be Able To:
- List the various elements of a logo
- Examine what makes a brand attractive to the market
A Good Logo should:
• Be unique
• Be reproducible
– Color, B&W, fax, on fabric
• Follow basic design principles
– Space, color, form, clarity
• Represent the company appropriately
• Speak to the target audience
Golden Rules of Logo Design
• A logo should clearly represent an organization’s identity.
– Keep it simple, keep it simple, keep it simple
– Logos should be effective at a large and small scale
– Logos should be effective in color and black & white
Students will work in groups to continue developing their logotypes.
Things to consider in the group process
- Your company’s niche focus
- In what ways is your company’s logo unique
- How does your logo represent your organization’s identity?