Aim: How do we create a Title Block?
Today students learned the procedure for starting every architectural drafting we will make in class: drawing the title block. They used the drafting tools covered yesterday to start their title block and began to get used to manipulating them to draft correctly.
- If you are right-handed the top of your T-Square should be on the left side of the drafting board. If you are left-handed it should be on the right side.
- Your drafting paper must be COMPLETELY straight when you tape it down securely, or every line you draw will be wrong.
- Architectural scales are for measuring and making marks, NOT for drawing lines.
- T-Squares are for aligning your paper and drawing both horizontal and vertical lines, NOT for making measurements.
Make sure you have the steps to create a title block (from the PowerPoint presentation attached below) written in your notebook!
- Align your paper using the T-Square.
- Securely tape your paper to the drafting board in all four corners.
- Mark a 1/2″ from each corner on your paper (you should have 8 marks).
- Connect the marks (dots) using your T-Square, NOT your architectural scale.
- Measure 7/8″ up from the bottom horizontal line drawn in step 4 and make a horizontal line.
- Erase the lines outside of your title block border
- From the bottom border of your title block create horizontal lines with measurements 1/8″, 1/4″, 1/8″, 1/4″, 1/8″.
- Create vertical lines inside your title block with measurements 1″, 2″, 3″, 2″, 1″, 1″.