Today students learned about classic motifs in bas relief sculpture. A common pattern found in architectural relief is the always-popular egg and dart. You can find this happy design decorating work as far back as Roman times, but builders still use it today. The egg and dart duo plays a major role in beautifying many Brooklyn neighborhoods, including Williamsburg. So take a walk around the block and count the ways you can see this favorite trim used on our local buildings.
You are here: / / Egg and Dart is everywhere!
- BUSHWICK GENERATOR April 24, 2019
- WHSAD Students Present Final Incubator Projects April 12, 2019
- Teen Time With Melina 04/05/2019 April 9, 2019
- The Whitney Museum April 8, 2019
- WHSAD Students Memorialize Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire Victims April 6, 2019
About Ms. Basilio
Ms. Basilio is the Assistant Principal of Pupil Personnel Services at the Williamsburg High School for Architecture and Design. She has been working at the school since 2006. You may contact her by e-mailing email@example.com.