Today students learned about classic motifs in bas relief sculpture. A common pattern found in architectural relief is the always-popular egg and dart. You can find this happy design decorating work as far back as Roman times, but builders still use it today. The egg and dart duo plays a major role in beautifying many Brooklyn neighborhoods, including Williamsburg. So take a walk around the block and count the ways you can see this favorite trim used on our local buildings.
You are here: / / Egg and Dart is everywhere!
- WHSAD CareerClue Students Visit CookFox Architects August 9, 2019
- Career Clue Trip to WSP Engineering Firm August 6, 2019
- Members of Turner Construction Provide WHSAD Students with Insights Regarding the Columbia Business School Project July 31, 2019
- A Visit to Perkins Eastman July 25, 2019
- WHSAD Summer Bridge Program takes a trip to The Park Avenue Armory July 22, 2019
About Ms. Basilio
Ms. Basilio is the Assistant Principal of Pupil Personnel Services at the Williamsburg High School for Architecture and Design. She has been working at the school since 2006. You may contact her by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.