Today students learned about classic motifs in bas relief sculpture. A common pattern found in architectural relief is the always-popular egg and dart. You can find this happy design decorating work as far back as Roman times, but builders still use it today. The egg and dart duo plays a major role in beautifying many Brooklyn neighborhoods, including Williamsburg. So take a walk around the block and count the ways you can see this favorite trim used on our local buildings.
You are here: / / Egg and Dart is everywhere!
- WHSAD Students Visit Architectural Grille October 19, 2017
- WHSAD Students Visit the Future of Manufacturing October 14, 2017
- WHSAD Students Raise Awareness at the 94th Precinct October 13, 2017
- CUNY Application Day October 12, 2017
- Baruch College Open House Saturday 10/14 October 10, 2017
About Ms. Feil
Ms. Feil teaches Architectural Design at WHSAD. She can be reached at Feil@WHSAD.Org.