Today in class we studied the poetic form of a villanelle; using the great poem, “Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night,” by Dylan Thomas. Students’ task, after analyzing the poem was to write a paragraph about a movie scene in which this poem would be spoken. As part of their final manuscript, students may write a villanelle as their poem of choice.
You are here: / / Poetry
- WHSAD Students Partner with Department of Buildings for Black History Month Homage to New York City Jazz Clubs February 13, 2019
- Justin Lopez-Class of 2020 February 8, 2019
- WHSAD’s Incubator Club attends NYNOW February 7, 2019
- Teen Time With Melina 02/01/2019 February 6, 2019
- Antonio Rojas-Class of 2019 February 4, 2019
About Mr. D'Amato
Mr. D'Amato is the Assistant Principal of the Humanities Department (English, Foreign Language and Social Studies) at Williamsburg High School for Architecture and Design. He can be reached at 718-388-1260, extension 2043, or Damato@whsad.org.