Today in class we studied the poetic form of a villanelle; using the great poem, “Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night,” by Dylan Thomas. Students’ task, after analyzing the poem was to write a paragraph about a movie scene in which this poem would be spoken. As part of their final manuscript, students may write a villanelle as their poem of choice.
You are here: / / Poetry
- Chancellor Carranza Hosts High School Student Journalist Roundtable May 18, 2018
- Anthony Gonzalez-Class of 2019 May 14, 2018
- WHSAD Recipients of the 2018 NYS Academic Excellence Scholarship May 11, 2018
- Cindy Mendoza-Class of 2018 May 8, 2018
- Jessica Juarez-Class of 2020 May 7, 2018
About Ms. Pickering
Ms. Pickering teaches English at WHSAD. She can be reached at Pickering@WHSAD.Org.