Today in class we studied the poetic form of a villanelle; using the great poem, “Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night,” by Dylan Thomas. Students’ task, after analyzing the poem was to write a paragraph about a movie scene in which this poem would be spoken. As part of their final manuscript, students may write a villanelle as their poem of choice.
You are here: / / Poetry
- TEEN TIME WITH MELINA 11/02/2018 November 9, 2018
- WHSAD’s Professional Development Session at Brooklyn North High School’s Day of Equity and Rigor November 7, 2018
- SENIOR TRIP TO KALAHARI RESORT November 2, 2018
- WHSAD visits the College Fair at the Aviator Center October 30, 2018
- Nicholas Cruz-WHSAD Alumnus, Class of 2016 October 28, 2018
About Mr. D'Amato
Mr. D'Amato is the Assistant Principal of the Humanities Department (English, Foreign Language and Social Studies) at Williamsburg High School for Architecture and Design. He can be reached at 718-388-1260, extension 2043, or Damato@whsad.org.