Extra Credit Activity – Due Friday June 13th.
You have been asked to design a new popcorn container for your local movie theater. The only requirement is that you must use a sheet of 8.5″ x 11″ paper for its lateral area. You can fold the paper either the long way or the short way.
1) State your hypothesis: Which container do you think will hold more popcorn?
2) Use the formulas we discussed in class this week to justify your response to question #1.
3) Which container has greater surface area?
4) Which container would your recommend that your local movie theater use? Why?
5) For additional extra credit, you can present your answers in a unique and colorful way.