We continue to read selections of “Fahrenheit 451” by Ray Bradbury, aloud in class. (If you are absent please see Mr. Key’s website for some of the text we covered.) Remember we are looking to ask ‘World Connection Questions’ (connecting this book to the real world) and ‘Universal Theme Questions’ (how do the themes of the book relate to issues of importance to all of us). Captain Beatty explains the role of firemen in the following passage, “…They were given the new job, as custodians of our peace of mind, the focus of our understandable and rightful dread of being inferior; official censors, judges and executors. That’s you, Montag, and that’s me.” (page 56) Does this explanation satisfy Montag? Why or why not?
You are here: / / Senior ELA (Period 1 & 4)
- Teens Take the Met Experience November 15, 2018
- TEEN TIME WITH MELINA 11/02/2018 November 9, 2018
- WHSAD’s Professional Development Session at Brooklyn North High School’s Day of Equity and Rigor November 7, 2018
- SENIOR TRIP TO KALAHARI RESORT November 2, 2018
- WHSAD visits the College Fair at the Aviator Center October 30, 2018
About Ms. Basilio
Ms. Basilio is the Assistant Principal of Pupil Personnel Services at the Williamsburg High School for Architecture and Design. She has been working at the school since 2006. You may contact her by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.