We continue to read selections of “Fahrenheit 451” by Ray Bradbury, aloud in class. (If you are absent please see Mr. Key’s website for some of the text we covered.) Remember we are looking to ask ‘World Connection Questions’ (connecting this book to the real world) and ‘Universal Theme Questions’ (how do the themes of the book relate to issues of importance to all of us). Captain Beatty explains the role of firemen in the following passage, “…They were given the new job, as custodians of our peace of mind, the focus of our understandable and rightful dread of being inferior; official censors, judges and executors. That’s you, Montag, and that’s me.” (page 56) Does this explanation satisfy Montag? Why or why not?
You are here: / / Senior ELA (Period 1 & 4)
- WHSAD Students Visit the Future of Manufacturing October 14, 2017
- WHSAD Students Raise Awareness at the 94th Precinct October 13, 2017
- CUNY Application Day October 12, 2017
- Baruch College Open House Saturday 10/14 October 10, 2017
- WHSAD Students Participate in Curb Your Litter NYC October 5, 2017
About Mrs. Happ
Ms. Happ is an Academic Support teacher at WHSAD. She can be reached at Happ@WHSAD.Org.