Today we will be working on a small research project. For your project you will need to complete the following steps:
Step 1: Research the different types of governments that exist in the world today and pick 5. For each of them you MUST describe the different governments and how they function. Here are some guiding questions to help you out:
- What countries have (or have had) these governments? (list at least 1)
- What type of leaders do they have?
- How does their economic system function?
- What type of rights do the citizens have?
- Do they have a constitution? What kind of information does it contain?
- If they do not have a constitution, what kind of documents do they have that govern their country? What kinds of information do they contain?
- What types of laws exist in these countries? What are some examples of these laws?
***You must keep a list of all websites that you use for research!!! If you do not cite your sources it is considered plagiarism which can result in a failing grade.***
Step 2: After completing your research choose 2 of your governments to write your paper on. Using Microsoft Word, organize your information into an essay format. Be sure to write an introduction to your topic. Each country should be it’s own paragraph. (You may use more then one paragraph for each.) Then end your paper with a conclusion.
*Here are some different types of Governments that exist in the world today to get you started (you may choose outside this list):
- Democratic Republic
- Constitutional Monarchy