Welcome back to school. My name is Ms. Bui and I will be your 10th grade Chemistry teacher. I am excited to meet everyone and I know we will have a great year of being a SUCCESS in our academic learning.
To help you navigate this year, the Course Syllabus and SUCCESS Packet are provided here for you.
On day 1 we will touch briefly on “What is chemistry?”
Your at-home assignments for the first day are as following (all homework is due the next day except for the Parent’s Survey):
1. Complete the note card illustrating “What chemistry means to me.” This can be a drawing or even pictures you cut from magazines. Make sure to include your heading (see page 5 of the SUCCESS Packet) on the back of the note card.
2. Read your Course Syllabus and SUCCESS Packet.
3. Sign the Student’s Contract.
4. Complete the Student’s Survey
5. Give the Parent’s Survey to your Parents. This survey is due next Monday.
6. Read the Class Notes provided and do the pre-work associated with the Class Notes
7. Come up with a list (write it down) of rewards and consequences for for the Success Standards located on page 3 of the SUCCESS Packet.
If you ever need to reach me outside of class time, my office hours are 10:44 AM-11:30AM (M/T/Th).
I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!