Tuesday is the start of a brand new semester and the great thing about starting a new semester in ESL is that everyone starts off with a grade of 100%. It is up to you to maintain that grade. Somethings that will help you to do this would be for you to do all our homework, participate in class, study for our quizzes and follow the rules of the classroom. This semester everyone will be writing a research paper on an architectural project about New York City. The freshmen will continue their Timed Reading every week working on speed and comprehension. The sophmores will be working on different types of essays and using evidence from the text in their essays and the juniors will be working on old Regents ELA exams in preparation for the Regents ELA in June. This is just a glimpse of what will be happening in ELA this semester I am so excited and can’t wait to start.
You are here: / / WELCOME TO THE SPRING SEMESTER
- Chancellor Carranza Hosts High School Student Journalist Roundtable May 18, 2018
- Anthony Gonzalez-Class of 2019 May 14, 2018
- WHSAD Recipients of the 2018 NYS Academic Excellence Scholarship May 11, 2018
- Cindy Mendoza-Class of 2018 May 8, 2018
- Jessica Juarez-Class of 2020 May 7, 2018
About Ms. Nelson
Ms. Nelson teaches ESL and is a Coordinator of Student Activities at WHSAD. She can be reached at Nelson@WHSAD.Org.