Any student who needs a graphing calculator may download a graphing calculator emulator online.
If you use Windows, you can “emulate” a TI-83 calculator on your computer.
Here are some steps to get you started:
- Make sure you have a copy of WinZip. You can download an evaluation version from http://www.winzip.com.
- Download the calculator emulator file to your desktop by clicking on this link.
- Use WinZip to unzip (extract) the file to your desktop — this will create a folder called “vti Folder”.
- Inside of this folder, there is a program titled “Vti” or “Vti.exe” — double click it to start the program.
- Click “Next”.
- Choose”TI-83 Plus version 1.2″ from the list and click “Next”.
- Click “Finish”.
- A calculator will appear on your desktop.
- You may need to right-click on the calculator to exit the program.
- You may use your new emulator to work on graphing parabolas: