Working in collaboration with the NYPD, NYC Together fosters meaningful relationships between officers and youth, spurring each to become change agents–altering the traditional narrative that is often attributed to the two groups. Last week, WHSAD Junior Brianna Barea and Officer Paual Polanco illustrated such a vision when they worked to compose Brianna’s college application essay. The partnership is integral in fostering a stronger bond between young people and community leaders, and students such as Brianna benefit from the one-on-one interactions in various ways: from receiving feedback on how to compose powerful written pieces to forming bonds with positive role models and mentors. WHSAD is excited to have the opportunity to collaborate with NYC Together to offer our students another opportunity to see life beyond high school and realize their individual potentials. Thank you to Dana Rachlin, Founder and President of NYC Together, and Officer Paual Polanco for working with and inspiring our students.
You are here: / / WHSAD Student Receives Mentoring from NYC Together Police Officer
- WHSAD Students Visit The Park Avenue Armory March 22, 2019
- Graduation information March 20, 2019
- NYC Together Students Meet with Commissioner O’Neill March 20, 2019
- PROM 2019 and one day senior trip to Six Flags March 18, 2019
- Teen Time With Melina 03/15/2019 March 18, 2019