Working in collaboration with the NYPD, NYC Together fosters meaningful relationships between officers and youth, spurring each to become change agents–altering the traditional narrative that is often attributed to the two groups. Last week, WHSAD Junior Brianna Barea and Officer Paual Polanco illustrated such a vision when they worked to compose Brianna’s college application essay. The partnership is integral in fostering a stronger bond between young people and community leaders, and students such as Brianna benefit from the one-on-one interactions in various ways: from receiving feedback on how to compose powerful written pieces to forming bonds with positive role models and mentors. WHSAD is excited to have the opportunity to collaborate with NYC Together to offer our students another opportunity to see life beyond high school and realize their individual potentials. Thank you to Dana Rachlin, Founder and President of NYC Together, and Officer Paual Polanco for working with and inspiring our students.
You are here: / / WHSAD Student Receives Mentoring from NYC Together Police Officer
- Summer Youth Employment at WHSAD September 17, 2018
- Afterschool Design Classes at Pratt — Apply Online This Week! September 16, 2018
- Fall Internships at Park Avenue Armory September 14, 2018
- Internships Available at The Metropolitan Museum of Art September 6, 2018
- WHSAD’s Class of 2018 Graduation June 28, 2018