Working in collaboration with the NYPD, NYC Together fosters meaningful relationships between officers and youth, spurring each to become change agents–altering the traditional narrative that is often attributed to the two groups. Last week, WHSAD Junior Brianna Barea and Officer Paual Polanco illustrated such a vision when they worked to compose Brianna’s college application essay. The partnership is integral in fostering a stronger bond between young people and community leaders, and students such as Brianna benefit from the one-on-one interactions in various ways: from receiving feedback on how to compose powerful written pieces to forming bonds with positive role models and mentors. WHSAD is excited to have the opportunity to collaborate with NYC Together to offer our students another opportunity to see life beyond high school and realize their individual potentials. Thank you to Dana Rachlin, Founder and President of NYC Together, and Officer Paual Polanco for working with and inspiring our students.
You are here: / / WHSAD Student Receives Mentoring from NYC Together Police Officer
- Brandon Rodriguez-Class of 2020 December 17, 2018
- The Park Avenue Armory Provides WHSAD Students a Creative Way to Investigate History December 15, 2018
- Interview With WHSAD Senior Jared Jackson December 12, 2018
- Students Interviewing Students December 11, 2018
- Honor Roll – Fall 2018, Marking Period 2 December 10, 2018