Working in collaboration with the NYPD, NYC Together fosters meaningful relationships between officers and youth, spurring each to become change agents–altering the traditional narrative that is often attributed to the two groups. Last week, WHSAD Junior Brianna Barea and Officer Paual Polanco illustrated such a vision when they worked to compose Brianna’s college application essay. The partnership is integral in fostering a stronger bond between young people and community leaders, and students such as Brianna benefit from the one-on-one interactions in various ways: from receiving feedback on how to compose powerful written pieces to forming bonds with positive role models and mentors. WHSAD is excited to have the opportunity to collaborate with NYC Together to offer our students another opportunity to see life beyond high school and realize their individual potentials. Thank you to Dana Rachlin, Founder and President of NYC Together, and Officer Paual Polanco for working with and inspiring our students.
You are here: / / WHSAD Student Receives Mentoring from NYC Together Police Officer
- WHSAD CareerClue Students Visit CookFox Architects August 9, 2019
- Career Clue Trip to WSP Engineering Firm August 6, 2019
- Members of Turner Construction Provide WHSAD Students with Insights Regarding the Columbia Business School Project July 31, 2019
- A Visit to Perkins Eastman July 25, 2019
- WHSAD Summer Bridge Program takes a trip to The Park Avenue Armory July 22, 2019