On Wednesday, May 18 seniors Xavier Flowers, Anah Lewi, Nathifa Debellotte, Donavon Bembridge, Ronny Tineo, and Oumardat Basdewa presented their final Y-PLAN project results at Brooklyn Borough Hall. Over the course of the school year these students, along with their 7th period economics class, worked with Councilman Levin’s office and the Participatory Budgeting (PB) Committee. One of the five projects that the class worked on was voted by the community as a winning project. The project to make Msgr. McGolrick Park Safer will receive approximately $500,000 to fix the sidewalks and fences surrounding the park. Y-PLAN and PB allowed our students to help make the community a safe place.
You are here: / / WHSAD’s Y-Plan Team Presents $500,000 Project at Brooklyn Borough Hall
- Summer Assignments for WHSAD’s Incoming Freshmen June 28, 2017
- WHSAD Students Compete in 2nd Annual Heritage Equity Design Competition June 28, 2017
- June SLT Agenda and Minutes June 14, 2017
- June PTA Agenda and Minutes June 14, 2017
- WHSAD Seniors Attend The Newtown Creek Alliance’s Community Visioning Workshop June 13, 2017
About Ms. Cahill
Ms. Cahill teaches Government and Economics at WHSAD. She can be reached at Cahill@whsad.org.