On Wednesday, May 18 seniors Xavier Flowers, Anah Lewi, Nathifa Debellotte, Donavon Bembridge, Ronny Tineo, and Oumardat Basdewa presented their final Y-PLAN project results at Brooklyn Borough Hall. Over the course of the school year these students, along with their 7th period economics class, worked with Councilman Levin’s office and the Participatory Budgeting (PB) Committee. One of the five projects that the class worked on was voted by the community as a winning project. The project to make Msgr. McGolrick Park Safer will receive approximately $500,000 to fix the sidewalks and fences surrounding the park. Y-PLAN and PB allowed our students to help make the community a safe place.
You are here: / / WHSAD’s Y-Plan Team Presents $500,000 Project at Brooklyn Borough Hall
- WHSAD Students Take In Rosa Barba’s exhibition at The Park Avenue Armory September 18, 2019
- WHSAD CareerClue Students Visit CookFox Architects August 9, 2019
- Career Clue Trip to WSP Engineering Firm August 6, 2019
- Members of Turner Construction Provide WHSAD Students with Insights Regarding the Columbia Business School Project July 31, 2019
- A Visit to Perkins Eastman July 25, 2019
About Mr. D'Amato
Mr. D'Amato is the Assistant Principal of the Humanities Department (English, Foreign Language and Social Studies) at Williamsburg High School for Architecture and Design. He can be reached at 718-388-1260, extension 2043, or Damato@whsad.org.