Today in class we studied the poetic form of a villanelle; using the great poem, “Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night,” by Dylan Thomas. Students’ task, after analyzing the poem was to write a paragraph about a movie scene in which this poem would be spoken. As part of their final manuscript, students may write a villanelle as their poem of choice.
You are here: / / Poetry
- SYEP-Salvadori Center Summer Bridge Program August 24, 2020
- WHSAD Junior, Raiven Rowl August 12, 2020
- The Column: Senior Edition 2020 June 24, 2020
- Lake Como Presentation June 12, 2020
- Project Witness: Meeting with founder, Ruth Lichenstein May 29, 2020
About Mr. D'Amato
Mr. D'Amato is the Assistant Principal of the Humanities Department (English, Foreign Language and Social Studies) at Williamsburg High School for Architecture and Design. He can be reached at 718-388-1260, extension 2043, or Damato@whsad.org.