For those of you on the Philadelphia trip and all those who will be absent on Monday, here is everything you missed:
Vocabulary Quiz 1 (Make up as soon as possible—before the break)
- The parlor walls (Mildred’s televisions)
- The Mechanical Hound
- Bradbury on the direction of science
- Clarisse and Montag’s relationship
- Clarisse as “anti-social”
- Bradbury’s commentary on school
- “Insanity” according to Captain Beatty
- History of firemen according to Fahrenheit 451
- The woman and her books
Even though you missed class today, you are still responsible and capable of doing tonight’s homework.
Homework: Answer today’s Aim in 10-12 sentences (2 Questions)
Aim: Put yourself in the woman’s shoes.
1. Why do you think she would light the match herself?
2. What in your own personal life would you light the match for?