1. What have you learned so far in your work in the Makerspace?
- One major thing/lesson I have learned from Makerspace is to take advantage of the different opportunities that are available. Each opportunity can lead you down a different path and can help you explore the field of architecture instead of being stuck doing the same thing. Each opportunity can also help you build up a network for yourself and increase the amount of people you know. The opportunities also help you build up your portfolio and look more professional to other people and businesses.
2. Based on what you have done so far, what do you think is your greatest strength and why?
- I feel like my greatest strength is creating organization and coming up with ideas for Power points. I think this because I have practiced using Power points a lot and I have listened seen many different Powerpoint presentations. I have a better understanding of what sticks in my mind while listening to presentations and what makes me lose interest in the presentation. I also have learned different tips from trainers and teachers on what to put on a slide without making it overwhelming for the listener and the presenter.
3. What skill would you like to develop over the remainder of the program?
- Even though I haven’t been able to do much group work due to health, I do want to continue working in Makerspace and work on a program called Blender. I also want to practice sketching more and coming up with ideas of different items, existing items but if they were slightly different, such as pottery designs, jewelry designs and book covers and character designs.
4. How has it been collaborating with your peers on-line?
- I haven’t been able to collaborate with many people since I have been in and out of meetings, but when I am able to collaborate, I am able to draw inspiration from my peers. This helps me come up with new ideas without burning out as much and becoming stuck on the same idea.
5. How has the feedback you have received from mentors affected your thoughts about your projects?
- I am able to use the advice I draw from my mentors and peers and continuously improve the skill I have maintained. This allows me to continuously grow different skills and learn new skills and tips while working on different projects. I have also grown to take advice, even when I’m not in Makerspace, which also helps me improve my skills.
6. What are you looking forward to for the rest of the program?
- I am looking forward to the rest of the program because it helps me learn more about the field of business, digital work/presentations, and art in general. Just because we are enrolled in an architecture school and the program does help me learn more about the field, it doesn’t just tie me down to that one side. I get to explore art and the creativity which is also helpful.