What activities are you involved in?
- Manufacturing club
- 582 mentorship
- Open houses
- High school fairs
- Summer Bridge
Why did you join these activities?
- I joined these activities because they align with my interests and I’m eager to learn new skills, meet people with similar passions, and actively engage in experiences that contribute to my personal growth.
What are the benefits of participating in these activities?
- Some benefits of taking part in these activities are that I can really boost my presentation and communication skills. Plus, I can also get better at working in a team, sharpen my software skills , and enhance my overall work skills.
How have you grown from participating in these activities?
- I’ve become better at communicating with colleagues and team members. I feel more comfortable with talking and explaining how my experiences were now. By participating in actual work situations, I’ve been able to prepare myself for the real world. I have also gained skill sets that I wouldn’t have learned on my own before, but I find quite interesting
What skills do you still want to develop and how could participating in extracurricular activities help you with this development?
- I’m looking to improve my presentation and teamwork abilities, as well as my time management skills. Getting involved in extracurricular activities has been really beneficial because it allows me to identify areas for improvement and practice more effectively on those areas.
What is one memorable experience that you have had from participating in these activities?
- One memorable experience that I have had from participating in these activities was when we were at Freshkills and everyone was enjoying each other’s company while eating and listening to music. Just enjoying ourselves without any problems.
How do you balance your extracurriculars with your classwork?
- I balance my extracurricular activities with my classwork by making sure that I complete my assignments during class. If necessary, I use my free time to finish any work remaining. Maintaining high grades and avoiding falling behind in my classes are priorities for me, so I strive not to miss any classwork.
Aside from school, what do you enjoy doing?
- I enjoy designing whether it’s on paper or online. I particularly enjoy making different styles. I also enjoy cooking a variety of food for my family. Reading or writing are the things I do most of the time with music to express my thoughts or anything I’m thinking about.