What activities are you involved in?
- Anime Club
- Dungeons and Dragons (DnD) Club
- Greenbelt Conservancy: High Rock
- Greenbelt Conservancy: Fresh Kills Park
- CTA Architects
- Summer Bridge
Why did you join these activities?
- I was interested in what these clubs had to offer.
What are the benefits of participating in these activities?
- I gained experience in participating in Makerspace projects as well as learning how to properly present and convey opinions and emotions in anime and DnD club
How have you grown from participating in these activities?
- I’m able to competently present things now as well as being able to project my voice while doing so.
- I’ve also learned how to hold a conversation for an extended period of time. It might seem kind of weird to mention that, but for me, I think it’s really important, especially if you’re on a board or panel and random people have to ask you questions.
What skills do you still want to develop and how could participating in extracurricular activities help you with this development?
- I want to learn how to work with other people more efficiently, as teamwork is a requirement in any job. The activities I do help me achieve this by allowing my to work with people in a casual and professional setting.
What is one memorable experience that you have had from participating in these activities?
- When I was working on the Makerspace: CTA project, I feel like I learned a lot about dealing with constructive criticism, presenting and projecting my voice, and working and solving problems with a group.
How do you balance your extracurriculars with your classwork?
- Usually before I start any extracurriculars, I like to finish my homework or any classwork I’ve missed at school, as I know I will have internet access and people here to help me. Furthermore, I know I won’t feel like doing any work the moment I leave school.
Aside from school, what do you enjoy doing?
- Outside of school, I like playing video games with my friends and watching anime. Recently I haven’t had the energy to watch anime unless I really like it. So, if I see something that piques my interest without being totally hooked, I’ll just read the manga to see if I’m really interested in it.