1. What have you learned so far in your work in the Makerspace?
Makerspace has provided me a very interesting experience and my first ever official project. It also helped me get out of my comfort zone since I don’t really talk to people who are not my age beside my teachers. Now, I am able to talk to two members who are younger than me without a problem. One challenge I faced is knowing more about the laws and regulations at Snug Harbor. I was able to find out some info with a website provided to me by my mentor.
2. Based on what you have done so far, what do you think is your greatest strength and why?
My greatest strength is being very flexible since I was unable to be part of my project instantly. But once I was able to take care of that, I was able to immediately get to work and collaborate with my group. They filled me in on what I missed, such as telling me what they went over with mentors and what the mentors pointed out about the presentation.
3. What skill would you like to develop over the remainder of the program?
I would like to develop better presenting/public speaking skills.
4. How has it been collaborating with your peers online?
It’s been fairly easy since we were able to join together on a platform called Discord. I was really surprised when they knew this platform since it is more gaming-based.
5. How has the feedback you have received from mentors affected your thoughts about your projects?
The amazing feedback I received from my mentors has helped me improve my project’s presentation. Mr. Rodriguez suggested that we need more pictures and fewer words. After that suggestion for our slides, we reduced the number of words and increased the number of pictures.
6. What are you looking forward to for the rest of the program?
I am looking forward to gaining more experience and using different platforms to assist my group to complete this interesting project.