Today students learned about classic motifs in bas relief sculpture. A common pattern found in architectural relief is the always-popular egg and dart. You can find this happy design decorating work as far back as Roman times, but builders still use it today. The egg and dart duo plays a major role in beautifying many Brooklyn neighborhoods, including Williamsburg. So take a walk around the block and count the ways you can see this favorite trim used on our local buildings.
You are here: / / Egg and Dart is everywhere!
- Matthew Zaczeniuk and Brianny Estevez’s Minecraft Build Presentation November 25, 2020
- My Brother’s/Sister’s Keeper Program November 20, 2020
- CLASS OF 2020 – 2021 November 18, 2020
- WHSAD MakerSpace After School Studio October 28, 2020
- Senior Portfolio Project October 23, 2020
About Ms. Basilio
Ms. Basilio is the Assistant Principal of Pupil Personnel Services at the Williamsburg High School for Architecture and Design. She has been working at the school since 2006. You may contact her by e-mailing email@example.com.