Earlier this year The Williamsburg High School for Architecture and Design (WHSAD) and the Greenpoint Youth Court (GYC) received a $20,000 grant from the Walentas Family Foundation to collaborate on Operation T.L.G. (Teach. Learn. Grow). Students have received instruction on the planning, drafting and construction of environmentally friendly tree guards. This project has been a collaboration between both public and private institutions of the community including the office of Assemblyman Lentol, the office of Councilman Levin and the Greenpoint Chamber of Commerce. With Spring weather making an appearance here is the first look at the construction phase of this project. Stay tuned for the official unveiling which will take place on April 24th.
You are here: / / Tree Guards for the Spring Season
- WHSAD MakerSpace After School Studio October 28, 2020
- Senior Portfolio Project October 23, 2020
- Student Profile of Deshawn Gould, WHSAD Freshman October 22, 2020
- WHSAD In-Person/Hybrid After-School Clubs to Launch on 10/19/20 October 16, 2020
- The Column – Volume 3, Issue 1 October 13, 2020
About Mr. D'Amato
Mr. D'Amato is the Assistant Principal of the Humanities Department (English, Foreign Language and Social Studies) at Williamsburg High School for Architecture and Design. He can be reached at 718-388-1260, extension 2043, or Damato@whsad.org.