On Wednesday, May 18 seniors Xavier Flowers, Anah Lewi, Nathifa Debellotte, Donavon Bembridge, Ronny Tineo, and Oumardat Basdewa presented their final Y-PLAN project results at Brooklyn Borough Hall. Over the course of the school year these students, along with their 7th period economics class, worked with Councilman Levin’s office and the Participatory Budgeting (PB) Committee. One of the five projects that the class worked on was voted by the community as a winning project. The project to make Msgr. McGolrick Park Safer will receive approximately $500,000 to fix the sidewalks and fences surrounding the park. Y-PLAN and PB allowed our students to help make the community a safe place.
You are here: / / WHSAD’s Y-Plan Team Presents $500,000 Project at Brooklyn Borough Hall
- New dates for senior dues collection January 15, 2021
- Town Hall with Chancellor Carranza January 15, 2021
- Matthew Zaczeniuk, Sophomore in WHSAD’s Makerspace Program January 14, 2021
- Megan Golding, Junior in WHSAD’s Work, Learn, Grow Makerspace Program January 13, 2021
- Matthias Hollwich of HWKN Architectural Firm Presents in the WHSAD Makerspace January 13, 2021
About Mr. D'Amato
Mr. D'Amato is the Assistant Principal of the Humanities Department (English, Foreign Language and Social Studies) at Williamsburg High School for Architecture and Design. He can be reached at 718-388-1260, extension 2043, or Damato@whsad.org.