The In-School Youth (ISY) program provides year-round services to at-risk high school juniors and seniors who meet certain eligibility requirements. ISY services are provided by 72 contractors in all five boroughs.
The goals of the ISY program are to ensure that participants graduate from high school, pursue college education, and develop career goals.
ISY Program Services Include:
- Objective needs assessments
- Individualized Service Strategies (ISS)
- Guidance and counseling services
- “Step Up” Career Planning Guide
- Paid internship opportunities and Summer Work Program
- College preparation and out-of-city college trips
- Project-based leadership activities
- Sports, arts, technology and recreation activities
All In-School Youth program participants are guaranteed employment in the Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP), a subsidized summer work experience.
For more information, please call or visit your local ISY program.