SENIOR BULLETIN #5
Check list for college
- Did you submit your college application(s) to Ms. Erneste?
- Did you submit your SAT scores to the colleges that requested them?
- Did you request that your midyear grades/transcripts to be sent to the colleges?
- Did you complete all your supplementary forms for SUNY?
- Did you complete your FAFSA (Financial Aid)?
- Did you return your SAR (Student Aid Report) with the necessary corrections?
- Did you apply for TAP?
- Did you apply for any scholarships?
- Have you given your guidance counselor a copy of your college acceptance letter(s)?
- Did you send your $65 payment to CUNY/UAPC?
- Did you get an appointment for the CUNY assessment tests?
- Did you take your CUNY assessment test?
FINANCIAL AID – Your FAFSA needs to be completed ASAP! If you need assistance, you must make an appointment with Ms. Erneste (1st period or 8th period only) and bring the necessary documents with you to complete your FAFSA online at www.fafsa.gov. Please have your parent/guardian’s 2014 Tax forms, W2’s, and/or Budget letters when applying.
HAVEN’T YET APPLIED TO COLLEGE? – Many colleges have rolling admissions and are reviewing applications as they receive them. You still have time to submit applications. See Ms. Erneste ASAP!
COOP TECH– Applications for Fall 2015 will be available in May, if you are planning to apply, please see Ms. Erneste for an application.
Scholarships are still coming in for seniors. Please check with Ms. Erneste for any new announcements. (Scholarship will be posted on the school’s website)
Correspondence from Colleges – Do not disregard any mail you receive from the colleges you have applied to. They often want more information from you before they make a decision. The sooner you mail them the information, the sooner you’ll find out if you have been accepted.
The last day to pay for the full amount of Senior dues was Thursday, March 12th 2015. Students who did not pay the full amount may pay continue to make payments for cap and gowns which costs $50. You will NOT be allowed to participate in the graduation ceremony without a cap and gown.
SENIOR ACTIVITIES CONTRACTS
If you have not submitted your signed senior activities contract, you will not be able to participate/attend Graduation – June 23rd 2015, Prom – June 10th 2015, Senior trip to Dorney park on May 22nd 2015.
WARNING….SECOND MARKING PERIOD GRADES
Please note that if you fail any classes needed for graduation during 2nd marking period, you will automatically be scheduled to go to SUMMER SCHOOL. Therefore, you will NOT be allowed to walk at graduation. SENIOR DUES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE!
**Last day of the 2nd marking period is Friday, April 29th 2015!! Ensure that you make up all missing work from your teachers and pass ALL classes. All students who are behind in credit accumulation should come see me ASAP for their credit recovery work. Word to the wise…Do not let the nice weather fool you…