The Architecture Club at WHSAD is going to be working with the BQX Project, which is a plan within New York City to build a light-rail system connecting Brooklyn and Queens. To Begin, Ya-Ting Liu visited the school and introduced the students in the architecture club to the BQX Project and explained what their role will be. The students are going to be split into two teams, Design and Site Analysis. The Design team is led by WHSAD junior Zeal Patel, who has experience in this area, and they will focus on the design of a station that is planned to be located in the Williamsburg/Greenpoint neighborhoods. The Site Analysis team is led by WHSAD sophomore Lawrence Goodridge, and their focus will be on-site parking and construction of a station in the Williamsburg/Greenpoint neighborhoods. The BQX Project is also selecting two summer interns to continue working with professionals on this project. To learn more about the BQX Project click here.
You are here: / / WHSAD Architecture Club Participates in the BQX Project
- WHSAD and Robert A.M. Stern Architects Pre-Mentorship Program-Sessions 1 and 2 April 19, 2021
- Junior, Lawrence Pierre, Designs Mini-Golf Hole Focused on Climate Change April 18, 2021
- Whitney Museum Arts Education at WHSAD April 14, 2021
- Comic Book Project from Juniors April 12, 2021
- REMINDER- SAT Day – Tuesday, April 13 April 9, 2021
About Mr. D'Amato
Mr. D'Amato is the Assistant Principal of the Humanities Department (English, Foreign Language and Social Studies) at Williamsburg High School for Architecture and Design. He can be reached at 718-388-1260, extension 2043, or Damato@whsad.org.